Two Million Bulgarians Complain of Excessive Noise Exposure
Two million Bulgarians are exposed to dangerously loud noise day and night in the big cities.
A total of 73.4% of the residents of Plovdiv and 72.2% of Sofia residents complain of excessive noise in the early hours of the day.
The main reason for the loud noise is the city traffic which also torments the residents of Burgas, Ruse, Varna and Pleven, according to the Executive Environment Agency (EEA).
Meanwhile, the latest data from Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate showed that the noise between 68-72dB increased by 30% in the last year and now constitutes 25% of all sources.
The fine for making noise above permissible decibels is BGN 5,000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: Monkeypox is Not a Cause for Concern
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 236 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature