EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
The European Parliament has given the green light to an Association Agreement with Ukraine setting up a free trade area after 2016.
While the agreement was being debated in Strasbourg, lawmakers in Ukraine also held discussions on the document, with both institutions having planned to pass it simultaneously.
A video link between Strasbourg and Kiev will ensure that MPs and MEPs act together on the issue.
Until 2016, when the AA (if approved) will enter into force, a preferential trade regime will be introduced helping Ukraine's economy back on its feet.
The implementation was put off for more than a year at the request of Moscow, which has urged both Ukraine and the EU to ensure stabilization in the Donbass before the free trade regime is applied.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir