EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
The European Parliament has given the green light to an Association Agreement with Ukraine setting up a free trade area after 2016.
While the agreement was being debated in Strasbourg, lawmakers in Ukraine also held discussions on the document, with both institutions having planned to pass it simultaneously.
A video link between Strasbourg and Kiev will ensure that MPs and MEPs act together on the issue.
Until 2016, when the AA (if approved) will enter into force, a preferential trade regime will be introduced helping Ukraine's economy back on its feet.
The implementation was put off for more than a year at the request of Moscow, which has urged both Ukraine and the EU to ensure stabilization in the Donbass before the free trade regime is applied.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
- » North Korea to increase production of 'Nuclear Weapons Material’
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform