Crime Rates in Bulgaria's Sofia on the Rise
Sofia District Interior Ministry Directorate has reported an increase in frauds, drug related crimes, petty theft and vandalism, Wednesday.
Crime detection rate has increased as well, according to the latest data released by the Sofia District Police Directorate in the presence of caretaker Deputy Interior Minister Filip Gunev.
A number of similar press conferences will be held in the other regional police directorates. The goal is to provide greater transparency and awareness to people regarding the crime rates in their residential area.
"People do not care about the state of crime, they care about the problems there are where they live. In a spirit of transparency and accountability, all regional directorates were ordered to release statistics on the district directorates on their web pages," Filip Gunev said, as quoted by Dnevnik.
According to Mladen Marinov, director of Sofia District Police Directorate "the largest share of the crimes are thefts - 62.4% of all crimes in the capital city. Most often such crimes were reported in the districts of Mladost, Poligona, Druzhba, Lyulin, Banishora and near the Serdica Shopping Mall.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University
- » Israeli Executive Arrested in Bulgaria on Guatemala Bribery Suspicions
- » Three Detained over the Destroyed Dune near Camping "Smokinya" on the South Bulgarian Coast
- » Drunk Men Beat up a Bulgarian Store Owner in Scotland (Video)
- » Mexico Finds 20 Bodies, 17 of Them Burned, Near U.S. Border