Crime Rates in Bulgaria's Sofia on the Rise
Sofia District Interior Ministry Directorate has reported an increase in frauds, drug related crimes, petty theft and vandalism, Wednesday.
Crime detection rate has increased as well, according to the latest data released by the Sofia District Police Directorate in the presence of caretaker Deputy Interior Minister Filip Gunev.
A number of similar press conferences will be held in the other regional police directorates. The goal is to provide greater transparency and awareness to people regarding the crime rates in their residential area.
"People do not care about the state of crime, they care about the problems there are where they live. In a spirit of transparency and accountability, all regional directorates were ordered to release statistics on the district directorates on their web pages," Filip Gunev said, as quoted by Dnevnik.
According to Mladen Marinov, director of Sofia District Police Directorate "the largest share of the crimes are thefts - 62.4% of all crimes in the capital city. Most often such crimes were reported in the districts of Mladost, Poligona, Druzhba, Lyulin, Banishora and near the Serdica Shopping Mall.
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police
- » Five Bulgarian Doctors are Accused of Draining over BGN 120,000 from the NHIF
- » 25 200 Cigarettes Without an Excise Band were Found in Kyustendil