Sound Bombs Tossed in Cairo Metro, No Injuries or Damage
Unidentified suspects threw sound bombs in two metro stations in Cairo on Tuesday, causing no damage or injuries, MENA news agency reported.
The explosive devices were tossed onto metro tracks in Sayeda Zeinab and Zahraa El-Maadi stations.
MENA quoted the head of the Egyptian Company for Metro Management and Operation Ali Fadali as saying a state of alert was announced in metro stations on Tuesday in anticipation of protests.
According to MENA, a youth movement called Dank, had released a video calling for protests on Tuesday against poverty and worsening living conditions. The Dank movement has already held limited protests nationwide and staged demonstrations in Cairo's metro stations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 403 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv continues to Repel Russian Attacks in Bakhmut
- » Day 402 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia takes over the Presidency of the UN Security Council
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon