Teachers Urge Parents To Donate, Instead Of Buying Flowers
The teachers in the Shumen school “Sava Dobroplodni” urged parents to donate the money they are going to spend on flowers to the residents in the flooded areas of Bulgaria.
It is traditional in Bulgaria for the school children to bring flowers for their teachers on the first day of school, September 15.
“September 15 approaches - the first day of school approaches, the day in which we shall meet again in love and hope”, wrote the teachers, quoted by the Darik national radio. “As tradition suggests, we shall get lots of flowers – a token of your appreciation for our work. Currently our fatherland is suffering – many children have no roof above their heads and school will be hard for them. Dear parents, we ask you, those of you who have set aside money for flowers, to place it in the piggy bank we'll set up in the school. Thus we shall show our compassion to the children in need and their families.”
According to the teachers, the collected sum will be transferred to the Bulgarian Red Cross. They urge their colleagues from across the country to support their initiative.
- » PM Borisov: Over 200 Schools Throughout Bulgaria are Undergoing Complete Renovation
- » PhD Scholarships in Bulgaria to be Increased by BGN 3 Million per Year
- » Next Year the Average Teacher's Salary in Bulgaria will be 1300 Leva
- » Repton School Set to Open New Centre in Bulgaria as First in Bulgaria with English Curriculum
- » Small Free Libraries will Appear in Several Locations Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Students with 4 Medals from the International Olympiad in Biology