EC Mission Arrives in Bulgaria Over Progress Report
A European Commission mission is on a visit to Bulgaria's Sofia this week on occasion of the mechanism for cooperation and verification report due to be released in January.
Experts will meet with Bulgaria's caretaker Minister of Justice, the Chief Prosecutor, as well as with members of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC).
Sonya Naydenova, SJC representative told Bulgaria's National Radio that the Council will account for its activities since January, including the publicity and accountability through various means of communication, enhanced information, presentation on the website, a number of public records, regular monthly and quarterly reports, increased volume of published information, and the creation of a SJC page on Facebook.
“We believe that we have achieved a guaranteed participation of both professional and non-governmental organizations in the Supreme Judicial Council acts discussions. We will also report an improvement in the magistrates evaluations, as well as in the conducting of competitions,” Naydenova told BNR.
“The Supreme Judicial Council has a consistent practice of tracking signals for behavior violating the Ethical Code. It performs media publications reviews, improvement of the rules of work of ethics committees and constant monitoring of the workload of both the courts and the prosecution, as well as the individual workload,” Naydenova noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria