Reuters: GERB Pledges to Expand Energy Benefits, Kick-start Economy
Expanding energy benefits, unlocking frozen EU funding and boosting energy efficiency of old buildings were the key election pledges of GERB party on Sunday, Reuters said.
Reporting on the launch of GERB campaign for October 5 snap election, the news agency highlighted the party’s promise to boost the struggling economy and improve the low living standards in the EU's poorest member.
In a Sofia-datelined story headlined “Bulgaria’s centre-right party woos voters with energy subsidies” Reuters also highlighted GERB’s pledges to back South Stream only in case the EU gave its approval for the Moscow-backed gas pipeline project and to review a deal with Westinghouse to build a new reactor at Bulgaria’s Kozloduy nuclear power plant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'