Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Be European Capital of Culture in 2019
The city of Plovdiv will be Bulgaria's choice to become European Capital of Culture 2019.
At a ceremony broadcast live on the Bulgarian National Television, a jury recommended Plovdiv as Capital of Culture alongside another venue in Italy.
Steve Green, who chaired the jury, described all four bids, offered by Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Veliko Tarnovo, as "strong".
He commended the four cities for having worked very closely with the shortlisted cities in Italy, hailing the efforts of the four mayors to defend their candidacy and advising them to keep the momentum regardless of whether or not they have been chosen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Received the Honor Guard for the 113th Anniversary of Bulgaria's Independence
- » Bulgarians Commemorate 100 Years Since the Death of the Patriarch of Bulgarian Literature
- » In Memoriam:French Film Star Jean-Paul Belmondo Passed away Aged 88
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Unification Day
- » Bulgarians Commemorate 144th Anniversary of the Shipka Epic
- » More Than 3,000 People Have Visited Opera of the Peaks This Year