State of Emergency Declared In Berkovitsa
State of emergency was declared in Bulgaria's north western town of Berkovitsa Thursday night, after torrential rains flooded part of the town, reports Nova TV.
According to the TV channel, the rain caused a tidal wave, which flooded several streets and a town square.
The Berkovska river, which flows through the town, has flooded private and public buildings.
“The situation is indeed disastrous”, the mayor of Berkovitsa Dimitrinka Kamenova told Nova TV. “In some parts of town the electricity has been cut off, there are evacuated people. Fortunately, no-one was injured.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus full of Children Crashed on Trakia Highway Last Night
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive
- » Bulgaria: The Extinguishing of the large Forest Fire near Panagyurishte Continues