Bulgaria 'Third-Biggest' Human Trafficker in EU
Human trafficking in Bulgaria intensified three times between 2005 and 2012, a human rights foundation estimates.
Data provided by the Gender Alternatives Foundation reveals there are 221 Bulgarian victims of human trafficking in 2005 and 684 seven years later, Milena Kadieva, a lawyer working at the foundation, was quoted by the website Dariknews.bg as saying.
Apart from sexual exploitation, labor exploitation has also turned into a major aim of traffickers, Kadieva argued.
She noted not only women, but also men fell victim to trafficking.
The lawyer cited figures of the EU's statistical body Eurostat showing Bulgaria is currently ranking third among the 28 member states in terms of the number of people smuggled across the country's borders.
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels
- » 500 Terminals for e-vignettes will Operate Across Bulgaria from 2019
- » Bulgaria: BNT is not Planning a Junior Eurovision Return in 2019
- » EU Parliament Approves €34 Million in Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President: The EU will be Successful only if it Represents the Success of all its Member States
It is a consumer paradise after all.
And everyone is selling what is available.
The engineers have finished.... no more healthy construction workers too..
But gipsy girls are available
and prostitution in Netherlands and Germany is legal...
that is pimps are not punished...
so we are not to blame... in Bulgaria pimps are punished.