Prostitution, Drugs To Be Included In Bulgaria's GDP
Bulgaria's National Statistics Institute (NSI) will start calculating the country's GDP by a new method – European System Of Accounts 2010, reports Dnevnik.bg.
“The method includes data for “hidden economy” such as prostitution and narcotics trade”, said the head of the Macroeconomic statistics department of NSI Elka Atanasova at a news conference.
The introduction of the European System Of Accounts 2010 was announced in June.
According to Atanasova, NSI will not be doing statistical surveys of drugs and prostitution, but will use information from official reports.
She said several EU countries have already introduced the new methodology and the nominal change of GDP value was between 2 and 6%. According to her, however, it will not change the GDP growth rate, compared to previous periods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Event: II International Municipal BRICS Forum (IMBRICS Forum)
- » Feature-Rich Bitcoin Mining Software Programs
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » France: Eiffel Tower Evacuated 'Over Bomb Threat'
- » WHO: Tobacco Responsible for 20% of Deaths from Coronary Heart Disease
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October