Georgi Parvanov: Without Russia There Is No Security
Without Russia there cannot be modern architecture of peace and security not only in Europe, but globally, said former Bulgarian president Georgi Parvanov.
“This is my view,” Parvanov, who is the leader of the ABV party told the bTV national channel in an interview.
“I don't defend anyone, but Russia has warned America “not to play” with those people who are cutting off heads because of what America does,” commented Parvanov on the recent ISIS beheadings of American journalists.
“Russia was in Afghanistan before the US and the Russians are well familiar with the situation there and in this part of the world as a whole. There cannot be a real fight against those challenges, without close cooperation between the main factors: the US, Russia, EU and NATO,” Parvanov said.
According to Parvanov, Bulgaria must have a clear, but somewhat different stance on the situation in Ukraine.
“We must gain the right to have a more specific attitude towards Russia and the East in general, within the EU framework,” he said. “Moreover – we could have an active role in defining the European policies towards the East. This is what Bulgaria must demand and stand for, not only because of history and tradition, but because our current economic and cultural ties.”
- » Interview with Jean Ghislain La Fonta, Executive Vice-President, Sixense Group
- » The President of Croatia Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic Is the 66th “Face of Democracy”
- » Bulgarian Family Got the Business Prize of Queen Elizabeth II: The Home for us is Bulgaria
- » Rossen Daskalov: We will Make an Assembly Line for up to 20,000 Cars a Year in Bulgaria
- » Within 3 Years in Bulgaria There will be up to 15,000 Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles
- » Lilyana Pavlova, Minister for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU: Bulgaria Returned to the European Agenda the Theme of the European Perspective of the Western Balkans