Bulgaria's Outlook 2020 Officially Approved
The working paper called Outlook 2020: Bulgaria and NATO in European Defense has been unanimously approved at Monday's Council of Ministers session, the ministerial press office says.
In a statement sent to the media, the office adds that the Outlook will be put forward for a public debate in the coming days.
Caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov earlier explained a number of military experts and heads of various military agencies have worked hard to make amendments to the initial draft version of the document which sparked controversy by describing Russia as threatening Bulgaria's security and fighting an "information war".
The interim cabinet also decided at the Monday meeting that the paper would be made public on Wednesday, September 3, just a day before a NATO summit kicks off in Wales.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: The Behavior of the Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria is Unacceptable
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: The Expulsion of the Russian Diplomats is Logical
- » NATO: Bulgaria Increased Defense Spending by 7.49% compared to Last Year
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to the US: Assembly of the First F-16 Fighter for Bulgaria will Begin Soon
- » Report: The State of the Bulgarian Defense is Alarming
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria Needs a whole Squadron of F-16s