BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
- » First Crypto ATM Machines to be Launched in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Again Among the Leaders in Low Debt in the EU
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey