BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BNB: Assets of Investment Funds in Bulgaria Show Growth in End September
- » NSSI: Average Social Security Income in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 1,081
- » Covid Crisis Prospects: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria Up by 21% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Business Received over BGN 400 Million as Pandemic Support from Economy Ministry
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides Additional BGN 80 Million for First-Line Medics
- » Jeff Bezos Announces USD 791 Million in Grants to 16 Groups Fighting Climate Change