BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate
- » "Economist": A Recession in Europe is Inevitable, Bulgaria will be among the Most Affected
- » Bulgaria: Already in the Autumn we will see the first Increases in Interest Rates for New Loans
- » Fed: Inflation remains “Too High”
- » Economic Challenges weigh on the European Investment Activity recorded in Q2 2022