BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
- » The ECB Checks Whether Banks in Bulgaria Can Cope with External Risks
- » The Total Income Per Household Increased by 8% in the 1st Quarter of 2019
- » Inflation For April is 0.5%
- » Cost Of Living in Bulgaria Has Gone Up With 3,3% For The Last Year
- » NSI: Bulgaria's Exports to EU grew by 9.3%
- » The Gap between Lowest and Highest Salaries is Widening in Bulgaria