BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
- » Deflation of 0.6% for June
- » Bulgarian Government to Revise Budget to Purchase Eight F-16 Jet Fighters
- » Bulgaria's Finance Minister Seeks State Budget Update to Include F-16 Deal
- » Minister of Finance Vladislav Goranov: Bulgaria Can Pay the F-16 Fighters Transaction at Once
- » Bulgaria Has Fulfilled Practically All Commitments to Enter ERM ll
- » The EC Keeps its Economic Forecast for Bulgaria