BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts