BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation in April was 14.4%
- » The EC Forecasts Inflation of nearly 12% for Bulgaria
- » How much have Incomes and Expenses Increased in Bulgaria in a Year
- » Bulgaria: Is Inflation Galloping?
- » Thanks to the Weapons for Ukraine, Bulgaria’s Exports Break All-Time Records
- » The COVID Supplement of BGN 60 for Pensioners remains until the End of the Year