BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
- » The State Budget for 2020 Was Approved at First Reading
- » The Average Salary Increased to BGN 1,266 in September
- » Bulgaria's EU Funding Won't Be Reduced in the Next 7-Year Programming Period
- » Moody's Downgraded India's Credit Rating Outlook
- » Moody's Downgraded UK Credit Outlook Because of Brexit
- » Alipay is Now Available for Visitors and Tourists in China