BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Reduced Banking Activity Leads to a Decline in Paid Ad Impressions amid Pandemic
- » Savings for a Second Pension are Melting Because of the Crisis in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is One of the Most Financially Affected by the Pandemic Countries
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation Down to 0.1% in Euro Area
- » Bulgarians Amongs the Citizens with the Biggest Financial Lost amid Pandemic
- » Cyprus Announced 10 New Measures to Fight the Crisis