BGN 2 Banknote Replaced with Coin in 2015
The paper note of BGN 2 will be replaced with a coin in 2015, according to Bulgaria's National Bank sources cited by Standart News.
The new coin will be made of two metals just like the BGN 1, but unlike it the inner part will be yellow and the outer circle will be white.
The BGN 2 coin will be slightly larger and will portray Saint Paisius of Hilendar, a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, Standart News informs.
Paper notes will continue to be used for a certain period of time, however the damaged bills will be withdrawn from circulation, Bulgarian National Bank stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Revenue Agency Supported 2,223 Local Companies
- » World Economy: Foreign Direct Investments Slumped by 42 Percent in 2020
- » Is Bitcoin the Answer to a Financial Crisis?
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgarian National Bank Forecasts GDP Drop at 4,4 Percent Rate for 2020
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Doubled the Salaries of Teachers, 1 Billion Were Invested in Educational Infrastructure