Bulgarian Energy Holding, CEZ, to Discuss Varna TPP Life Extension
The Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH) and power distributor CEZ have signed a memorandum of cooperation on searching technical and economic solutions to extend the life of the Varna Thermal Power Plant.
A working group has been formed for the purpose and it is to function by October 31.
Petr Dokladal, Regional Manager at CEZ Bulgaria, has assured that everything possible is being done to find an efficient solution to keep the Varna TPP operational.
According to a media statement of CEZ Bulgaria, the Varna TPP used to provide 60% of the cold reserve of Bulgaria’s energy system with three of its 210-MW units and its availability tariff was the lowest in the country.
However, rules were changed in 2013, which created uncertainty about the quantities provided for the cold reserve and thwarted opportunities for long-term planning, according to the power distributor.
According to CEZ Bulgaria, the Varna TPP closed 2013 at a loss of BGN 67.6 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis
- » Half of Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Without Electricity Due to an Accident
- » General Electric Co Signed Agreement Valued at Over $1.2 Billion with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity
- » Executive Director of the Bulgarian Energy Holding Jacklen Cohen Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece