Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
Bulgaria’s PFC Ludogorets Razgrad has reached the Champions League group stage after beating Romanian Steaua Bucharest.
Ludogorets won the match on the Vasl Levski National Stadium in Sofia 6:5 on penalties.
The aggregate score was even after 90 minutes and the match went into extra time.
Then in the final minute of extra time, Ludogorets keeper Vladislav Stoyanov was sent off for a foul on Fernando Varela.
Central defender Cosmin Moti, a Romanian national who played for Steaua's rivals Dimano Bucharest for seven years, was forced to go in goal for the resulting penalty shootout.
Moti helped Ludogorets win the shootout 6-5 and get to the Champions League group stage.
The Bulgarian champions will now be in the hat for Thursday's Champions League group stage draw, which has been scheduled for 6.45 pm EET.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced