Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches UEFA Champions League Group Stage
Bulgaria’s PFC Ludogorets Razgrad has reached the Champions League group stage after beating Romanian Steaua Bucharest.
Ludogorets won the match on the Vasl Levski National Stadium in Sofia 6:5 on penalties.
The aggregate score was even after 90 minutes and the match went into extra time.
Then in the final minute of extra time, Ludogorets keeper Vladislav Stoyanov was sent off for a foul on Fernando Varela.
Central defender Cosmin Moti, a Romanian national who played for Steaua's rivals Dimano Bucharest for seven years, was forced to go in goal for the resulting penalty shootout.
Moti helped Ludogorets win the shootout 6-5 and get to the Champions League group stage.
The Bulgarian champions will now be in the hat for Thursday's Champions League group stage draw, which has been scheduled for 6.45 pm EET.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance