Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) has intercepted an international antiquities trafficking ring from Bulgaria to countries in Western Europe, US and Russia.
The special operation was conducted on August 21 under the supervision of the prosecuting authority, according to the press office of DANS.
During investigative activities at seven sites in the cities of Veliko Tarnovo and Shumen, the authorities seized over 130 ancient weapons, illegally-held ammunition for modern weapons, combat shotguns, WWII pistols in very good condition, a heavy machine gun with ammo, and one gold coin and over 100 ancient and medieval silver and bronze coins, and a large number of bronze antiques.
Some of the seized items had inventory numbers and the investigation is to shed light on their exact origins.
One person has been detained for 24 hours.
- » French Intelligence Services Detained a man Planning a 9/11 Style Attack in France
- » 387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
- » More than 300 People from Over 12 Countries Arrested after Authorities Took a Child Pornography Site Down
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden