Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) has intercepted an international antiquities trafficking ring from Bulgaria to countries in Western Europe, US and Russia.
The special operation was conducted on August 21 under the supervision of the prosecuting authority, according to the press office of DANS.
During investigative activities at seven sites in the cities of Veliko Tarnovo and Shumen, the authorities seized over 130 ancient weapons, illegally-held ammunition for modern weapons, combat shotguns, WWII pistols in very good condition, a heavy machine gun with ammo, and one gold coin and over 100 ancient and medieval silver and bronze coins, and a large number of bronze antiques.
Some of the seized items had inventory numbers and the investigation is to shed light on their exact origins.
One person has been detained for 24 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison