Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July
Number of foreign visitors to Bulgaria grew by 4.9% in July 2014, year-on-year, according to data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The total number of foreigners was 1 792 500. Of them 61.6% were from other EU countries.
Most significant rise was posted by business trips – by 54% and for other reasons – by 27.5%. The number of visits for vacation, however, dropped by 11.9%. Still, vacation was the most frequent reason for a visit – 52.2%.
Ninety percent by citizens of the Russian Federation came to Bulgaria on holiday. A little over 81% of the citizens of Macedonia came for the same reason, as well as 80.2% of the Ukrainians.
Almost 82% of the Turkish citizens came to Bulgaria for “other reasons”.
At the same time, Bulgarians' trips abroad in July 2014 rose by 1.8%, year-on-year. Most significant increase was posted by trips to the UK – by 67.7%, Germany – 36.9% and the Czech Republic – by 16.3%.
Number of trips to Italy and France decreased by 24%, to Greece – by 14.9% and to Spain – by 10.5%.
In 47.3% of the cases the Bulgarians went abroad for “other reasons” - visiting friends, attending a cultural or sports event, education - followed by vacations – 32.4%.
- » The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
- » 10,000 Bulgarians were in Italy Last Month
- » Ryanair has Grounded nearly all of its Planes until June
- » Turkish Airlines Suspend Flights
- » Wizz Air Stops all Flights to and from Varna
- » Bulgaria Closed its Borders to non-EU Countries, some Countries from the EU and Switzerland