Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July
Number of foreign visitors to Bulgaria grew by 4.9% in July 2014, year-on-year, according to data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The total number of foreigners was 1 792 500. Of them 61.6% were from other EU countries.
Most significant rise was posted by business trips – by 54% and for other reasons – by 27.5%. The number of visits for vacation, however, dropped by 11.9%. Still, vacation was the most frequent reason for a visit – 52.2%.
Ninety percent by citizens of the Russian Federation came to Bulgaria on holiday. A little over 81% of the citizens of Macedonia came for the same reason, as well as 80.2% of the Ukrainians.
Almost 82% of the Turkish citizens came to Bulgaria for “other reasons”.
At the same time, Bulgarians' trips abroad in July 2014 rose by 1.8%, year-on-year. Most significant increase was posted by trips to the UK – by 67.7%, Germany – 36.9% and the Czech Republic – by 16.3%.
Number of trips to Italy and France decreased by 24%, to Greece – by 14.9% and to Spain – by 10.5%.
In 47.3% of the cases the Bulgarians went abroad for “other reasons” - visiting friends, attending a cultural or sports event, education - followed by vacations – 32.4%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted
- » Italy Extends Mandatory Quarantine for All Arriving from Bulgaria
- » Quarantine Hotels Open in Sunny Beach and Golden Sands
- » KLM Cuts 1,500 Additional Jobs as Part of a Restructuring
- » Bulgaria: Long Queues in Front of the Passport Services in the Country