Heineken Gets Almost Full Control Of Bulgaria's Zagorka
The largest European brewer, Heinenekn, successfully completed negotiations for the acquisition of Coca-Cola HBC's share in Bulgaria's Zagorka brewery, said the Dutch company in a statement.
Thus Heineken will hold 98.86% of Zagorka. The remaining 1.14% are held by private shareholders.
Zagorka is among the leaders in Bulgaria's beer market. In 2013 Zagorka's brands held 29% of the market.
Heineken refused to comment on the price of the deal, but, according to the Capital Daily business daily, the sale will be complete in Q4 of 2014.
According to Zagorka's CEO Nikolai Mladenov, quoted in a press release, the Heineken investments in the brewery will continue.
Currently it employs 510 people in Stara Zagora. In the past 20 years in the brewery were invested more than EUR 133 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed
- » The Guardian: Brexit through the Eyes of a Strawberry Picker from Bulgaria
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency
- » 67% of Bulgarians have taken an Average of One and a Half Loans in 2021