Hamas Says Long-Term Cease-Fire Agreed with Israel
Hamas leaders have said that Israeli and Palestinian negotiators have reached a cease-fire agreement to end seven weeks of fighting in Gaza.
"An agreement has been reached between the two sides and we are awaiting the announcement from Cairo to determine the zero hour for implementation," Hamas Spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri said on Tuesday, according to reports of Al Jazeera.
Palestinian negotiators informed that Israel had agreed to ease its blockade of Gaza to allow in aid supplies and building materials, according to reports of the BBC News.
The Israeli government has not commented on a cease-fire deal so far.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is expected to make an announcement on the matter.
An announcement on the extended ceasefire is also expected in Egypt, which has been a mediator in the truce talks.
The intense fighting in Gaza, which broke out on July 8, killed over 2000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization
- » Sweden seeks Military Help against Gang Violence
- » The EU guarantees the Stay of Ukrainian Refugees until March 2025
- » The US Federal Administration is preparing for a Government Shutdown