Maxim Behar: Ice Bucket Challenge Has Made Us Better
Maxim Behar’s idea to introduce a Bulgarian tone to the Ice Bucket Challenge has drawn an unexpectedly wide response, the leading Bulgarian PR expert has said for 24 hours daily.
The founder and CEO of Sofia-based PR agency M3 Communications Group Inc., part of global Hill+Knowlton Strategies Group, joined the international initiative last week but rather than taking a dousing with the original purpose of raising funds for patients diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Behar decided to bring awareness –and channel donations – to the suffering people of the flood-hit Bulgarian town of Mizia.
Hundreds of people have called to back the idea, Behar said. In addition to the three people he had challenged, Bulgarian sports players, politicians and journalists have doused themselves with icy water to raise donations not only for Mizia but also for other flood-stricken areas or suffering people in Bulgaria.
“[…] this large-scale dousing has made us better and more closely united, made us believe we can change the world - no matter who will criticize us, mock us and look in mistrust just because they have not lifted a finger themselves,” Behar said, adding he is looking forward to all future charity campaigns he is going to initiate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US Midterms: Republican Control means more Focus on Eastern Europe
- » Russian Court's Ban of Newspaper Novaya Gazeta is a Punch in the Face of Freedom of Speech
- » Can a Renewed Iran Nuclear Deal Solve Europe's Energy Problems
- » President Biden's Visit to Saudi Arabia: Saudi-US Relations in Freefall
- » Anti-Americanism and Russian Propaganda in Greece
- » Emotional Mobilization in Chinese Online bottom-up Populism