Svetlozar Lazarov Wants Fence Along Entire Border With Turkey
It would be cheaper to build a fence along the entire border with Turkey, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov told the media.
At a news conference in Plovdiv he said that since the beginning of 2014, in Bulgaria entered 2700 illegal immigrants and another 10 800 were turned back. According to Lazarov that the immigration pressure increased 3.6 times, year-on-year.
He forecast an increase in the number of immigrants and said he informed the caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki on the possible counteractive measures.
“If the construction of 30 km of fence cost BGN 10 M, it is easy to calculate how much will cost the remaining 100 km,” Lazarov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Half of Bulgarian Hotels will let Ukrainian Refugees Stay for the Foreseeable Future
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 7 Bodies were Found close to a Cemetery near Bankya
- » About 100,000 Refugees remain in Bulgaria