Svetlozar Lazarov Wants Fence Along Entire Border With Turkey
It would be cheaper to build a fence along the entire border with Turkey, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov told the media.
At a news conference in Plovdiv he said that since the beginning of 2014, in Bulgaria entered 2700 illegal immigrants and another 10 800 were turned back. According to Lazarov that the immigration pressure increased 3.6 times, year-on-year.
He forecast an increase in the number of immigrants and said he informed the caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki on the possible counteractive measures.
“If the construction of 30 km of fence cost BGN 10 M, it is easy to calculate how much will cost the remaining 100 km,” Lazarov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: One in Ten People in Europe will be Infected with COVID-19 by the End of the Week
- » Record Number of Deaths from COVID-19 in Greece
- » Mixing Vaccines against COVID-19 provides better Protection
- » Bulgaria is among the Places with the Most Polluted Air in Europe
- » Orange Code for Heavy Rainfall, Snowfall and Strong Wind Announced for 3 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Traveling to the UK now Requires a COVID Test even for Vaccinated Passengers