Svetlozar Lazarov Wants Fence Along Entire Border With Turkey
It would be cheaper to build a fence along the entire border with Turkey, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov told the media.
At a news conference in Plovdiv he said that since the beginning of 2014, in Bulgaria entered 2700 illegal immigrants and another 10 800 were turned back. According to Lazarov that the immigration pressure increased 3.6 times, year-on-year.
He forecast an increase in the number of immigrants and said he informed the caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki on the possible counteractive measures.
“If the construction of 30 km of fence cost BGN 10 M, it is easy to calculate how much will cost the remaining 100 km,” Lazarov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » From Feb 1: Covid Certificates of over 93,000 Bulgarian Citizens will not be Valid in the EU
- » Covid in the Bulgarian Education system - What do the Percentages Show
- » No Night Transport in Sofia at least until April 30
- » Former Health Minister: Bulgaria is Already in the Omicron Phase
- » Bulgarian Professor: At the End of Spring the Cases will Decrease Sharply
- » WHO: Europe is Probably on the Verge of an End to the Pandemic