Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry prevented the production and export of 10 000 fake Syrian passports to Turkey, said the ministry's Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov in Plovdiv.
The production and distribution of the fake documents was organised by a Bulgarian citizen in two printing houses in Plovdiv.
Six people, including the printers, were arrested.
According to Lazarov, quoted by the BNT public broadcaster, the fake passports were supposed to legalise the entry of immigrants coming from Turkey in the EU, where they would ask for refugee status.
Lazarov told the media that the order for fake passports amounted to USD 50 000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven