EU Allocates EUR 30 M for Bulgaria-Turkey Cooperation
The EU Commission will put aside a total of EUR 30 M for trans-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Turkey in 2014-2020, media sources say.
The program comprising a territory of 29 square km and inhabited by 1.5 million people on both sides of the border will include projects in the southern Bulgarian towns of Haskovo and Yambol and also in the Black Sea city of Burgas, public broadcaster BNR's Brussels correspondent has revealed.
Upon the request of Turkey, a certain part of the funding might be earmarked for the implementation of a four-year agreement on the preservation of cultural and historic heritage signed between the two countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria