Klitschko Training 'Like a Beast' for Match with Bulgaria's Pulev
Ukrainian heavyweight professional boxer Wladimir Klitschko is training hard for the big match with Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev in September.
Klitschko will compete to defend his title against Pulev in an IBF World Championship match on 06 September 2014 in Hamburg, Germany.
As German Bild points out, Klitschko is working with 15 sparring partners, all of whom were said to imitate Pulev's boxing style. This is the most intense training program the world champion has had so far.
Klitschko and his opponents box for a series of 14 rounds, compared to a normal match of up to 12 rounds.
“Wladimir is training like a beast. He is the only heavyweight boxer in the world who can box for 15-16 rounds at such a fast pace,” head trainer Johnathon Banks told Bild.
Currently, Klitschko's sparring partners include Brit Anthony Joshua and Americans Dorsett Barnwell, Malik Scott, and Kevin Johnson, Bulgarian Trud Daily notes.
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov