Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
Ukrainian authorities have recovered 15 bodies from the site where a convoy carrying refugees from Eastern Ukraine was hit by a rocket on Monday, Reuters has reported.
According to a Ukrainian military spokesman quoted by Reuters, the bodies were recovered by 7pm local time on Monday and the search is continuing on Tuesday.
The strike on the refugee convoy of cars and buses occurred near Luhansk where Ukrainian government forces have been battling pro-Russian rebels for control of the city. Ukrainian authorities blamed the attack on the rebels but they have denied responsibility, Reuters said.
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis