Danube Bridge 3 to Cost EUR 200 – 270 M
The construction of a third bridge over the Danube River is to cost EUR 200 – 270 M, according to feasibility studies conducted at four places where it could be built.
Elean Gagov, expert at the Ministry of Regional Development, explained Monday that the option of building a rail line and its price tag were to be discussed in the second stage of the studies.
He informed that the four options for the new bridge were Oryahovo – Bechet, Silistra – Calarasi, Ruse – Giurgiu, and Nikopol – Turnu Magurele.
Gagov, as cited by econ.bg, said that Bulgaria and Romania had expressed willingness to build as many bridges as possible to connect the poor regions on the two sides of the Danube, seeking to attract investments, increase traffic and help local businesses.
He said that Romanian company Transproekt 2001, which had been hired to conduct the feasibility studies for Danube Bridge 3, had drafted three options for bridges for each pair of cities except for Silistra – Calarasi, where the options were two.
Gagov informed that the consultant had also suggested two options for building a tunnel under the Danube River, at Nikopol – Turnu Magurele and Oryahovo – Bechet.
However, the tunnel option had been found to be too costly as it would increase the price tag by EUR 70 M.
Gagov noted that the construction of the third bridge over the Danube River would seek EU co-financing under the 2014-2020 programming period once the place had been selected.
According to unofficial reports, Danube Bridge 1 Ruse - Giurgiu is used by 1000 TIR trucks a day, while Danube Bridge 2 Vidin – Calafat by some 500 TIR trucks a day.
The exact location of the third bridge over the Danube River is to become clear in 2 months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia