Bulgaria 'European Leader' in Gold, Copper Extraction
Bulgaria ranks first in Europe in the extraction of copper and gold, data from the Bulgarian Chamber of Mining and Geology shows.
The sector currently employs 24 000 people, with wages rising, according to the chamber's report cited by Money.bg.
Some 600 mining depots have so fat been located in Bulgaria, and coal as the main resource extracted from them.
The union has published the statistics to mark the day of the Bulgarian miners celebrated on Monday.
August 18, the assumption of St Ivan Rilski, was designated as the miners' professional day 110 years ago with a decree of Tsar Ferdinand, issued on the proposal of miners from the western mining city of Pernik.
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » Industrial Production Index Rose by 0.8% as Compared to June 2019
- » Turkey Begins Avocado Exports to Bulgaria
- » A Gas Pipeline Contract From Turkey Through Bulgaria to Serbia is Expected to be Signed on September 5
- » The Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline is 75% Complete
- » 12 Companies Want to Participate in Belene NPP Project (Updated)