Train Derails in Swiss Alps Due to Landslide
A passenger train has derailed due to a landslide on a mountain railway in southeastern Switzerland, Wednesday.
The accident happened between Tiefencastel and Solis, southeast of Zurich. Two carriages slid off the tracks onto a steep slope, according to international media reports.
The extent of casualties is unclear but officials say the injured have been taken to hospital by helicopter and ambulance, the BBC informs.
The train operated by Rhaetische Bahn was carrying around 200 people on board. Heavy rain overnight has most likely caused the landslide.
- » BNR: Bulgaria and Croatia Disappointed with Delay of Accession Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Brexit Deadline Delayed
- » Boris Johnson: UK Will Leave the EU even if the Agreement Is Rejected
- » Erdogan Threatens to Continue the Offensive in Syria if the Terms of the Peace Agreement Are not Fully Fulfilled
- » A Man Disguised as Boris Johnson Tried to Climb Big Ben
- » New York Approved the Notorious Rikers Prison to Be Closed