Interior Minister, Kristalina Georgieva, to Visit Flood-Hit Mizia
Caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and EU Commissioner Kristalina Geogirva will visit Wednesday the flood-hit northwestern town of Mizia.
Mizia was hit by massive flooding on August 3. The floods claimed two lives and caused substantial damage.
The two will get acquainted with operational developments, the work of rescue teams, the living conditions at the accommodation sites for the evacuees, and the damage caused by the floods.
At around 3pm, Georgieva and Bakalov will meet with locals, after which they will give a brief press conference, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The lowest parts of Mizia are still under water, according to Ventsislav Vasilev, District Governor of Vratsa.
Vasilev said that the locals needed disinfectants, masks, rubber gloves, chemical toilets and non-perishable food items.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022
- » CFD Trading in 2023: What do you Need to Know?
- » Improvement of the Business Climate in Bulgaria in November