Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
Bulgaria's Central Electoral Commission (CEC) starts receiving documents for the registration of political parties and coalitions for the early elections on October 5.
As of Tuesday, candidates will be able to submit documents at the CEC HQ from 9 am to 5 pm every day.
The deadline for the submission of documents is 6pm on August 20, while coalitions can make changes in their composition by August 30, according to Dnevnik Daily.
In order to register, the candidates need to submit 2500 signatures in their support and a deposit of BGN 2500, which they get back if they are supported by over 1% of the valid votes at the elections.
Volunteers from the youth organization of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) have been standing queue in front of the CEC HQ in Sofia for over a week in order to register first.
The early elections in May 2013 included 45 parties and coalitions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session