Mark Zuckerberg Reportedly Is Of Bulgarian Descent
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is of Bulgarian descent, according to the Macedonian site Republika Online, quoting international media.
According to the site, Zuckerberg told AP that he was very proud of his Bulgarian origin and was named after his Bulgarian grandfather Marko, on his mother's side.
Marko was a rich man who escaped Bulgaria in 1944, running away from the communist rule. His wife, however, remained in Bulgaria and it is not known what happened to her.
- » Mine Worker in Madan Dies in Rock Fall
- » Dynamic Weather with Frequent, Sudden Changes from Northwest to Southeast Bulgaria
- » Education Minister: For Next Year, we have Earmarked BGN 1.5 Million for Scholarships for Students
- » Damp Day of Protests in Sofia, Other Bulgarian Cities
- » Kiril Ananiev: The Modernization of Emergency Aid is a Top Priority in Bulgaria
- » Over 90% of Bulgarian Students Abroad Study at European Universities