Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Sofia Trams 1, 6 and 7 were Temporarily Stopped on "Hristo Botev" Blvd.
- » Lava Bomb Hits Hawaiian Tour Boat Near Kilauea Volcano
- » Whole Block of Flats was Evacuated in Chepelare after Children's Play with Fire
- » Seaside Restaurant Floor Collapses, 29 People Injured
- » Passengers Hospitalised as Ryanair Makes Emergency Landing
- » Controversial Shopping Mall Partly Collapses in Mexico City