Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Magnitude 6,2 Earthquake Shook Indonesia, Dead and Injured Reported
- » Another Earthquake in Croatia
- » Magnitude 4,4 Earthquake Rocked Greece This Night
- » Bulgaria: Two Municipalities in Rhodopes Declare State of Emergency, Rains Don’t Stop
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister: Real Winter Coming on Friday, Stay Alert
- » State of Emergency Declared in Many Regions of Bulgaria, Heavy Rains Caused Massive Power Outage