Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass