Laptop Prompts Emergency Landing of Turkish Plane at Sofia Airport
A Turkish Airlines passenger jet performed an emergency landing at the Sofia Airport on Saturday, officials say.
After the aircraft was at the airport at about 19:00 EEST (17:00 GMT), all people on board were asked to leave it and were led to a safe location, and a laptop with an unknown owner was seized.
Authorities suspected it could contain an explosive device, the website Dariknews.bg informs.
However, no threat was established and the flight continued in a short time.
The plane was flying from Brussels to Istanbul.
- » Five Injured Following Explosion at London Tube Station
- » Saudi Arabia World Cup Players Tell of Terror after Plane’s Engine Catches Fire Mid-air
- » Child Fell from an Abandoned Building in Mezdra
- » Boiler Exploded near a School and Wounded Teachers
- » One Person is Killed after Van Drives into Group of Pedestrians at Dutch Music Festival
- » 26-year-old Man Killed his Father with an Axe in Pleven