Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
Bulgarian top tennis player Grigor Dimitrov fought his way into the Rogers Cup tournament semifinals following a dramatic 3-set win over South Africa’s Kevin Anderson.
After losing the first set with 5:7, Dimitrov turned the tables on Anderson with 7:5, 7:6(6) in a match that lasted more than 3 hours, Friday. Both players got to double digits in aces, with Anderson serving 15 and Dimitrov hitting 10.
Dimitrov will now face France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga who defeated Brit Andy Murray and world number 1 Novak Djokovic in consecutive matches.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance