International Jazz Festival Starts Friday In Bansko
The 17-th edition of the popular International Jazz Festival starts in Bulgaria's mountain resort town Bansko on Friday.
The concerts are free for the public and the festival is organised with the aid of sponsors.
Traditionally, the programme features styles and groups representing almost all jazz trends. This year the festival will feature performances by The Jive Aces, Je Sante, Iyeoka, Nigun, Assaf Kehati Trio, Candy Dufler & Band, China Moses & Raphael Lemmonier, etc.
The evening concerts draw crowds to the open-air stage on Nikola Vaptsarov Square in downtown Bansko. Throughout the festival week jazz is also played during the day on various smaller stages in the large resort complexes and restaurants.
Ever since its first edition in 1998, Bansko Jazz Fest is held every year from August 8 to 13.
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn