Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Head Resigns
Stefan Chaykov, Chair of the Management Board of the Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA), has resigned.
His decision to leave the post was made public in a media statement of the Regional Development Ministry late on Thursday.
Chaykov is the first senior public official to leave office during the term in office of the caretaker government.
The Regional Development Ministry assured that Chaikov had not been dismissed, stressing that his employment contract had been terminated by mutual agreement.
Chaykov is to be succeeded by Lazar Lazarov, who was RIA head during the term in office of the center-right GERB government.
Chaykov is leaving the sphere of public administration to run a business.
He was appointed Chair of the Management Board of RIA in August 2013.
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)