Kevin Aspegren Appointed New President Of the AUBG
Kevin Aspegren, took office as President of the American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) on August 4, 2014, said the university in a press release.
Aspegren takes the position from Dr. W. Michael Easton who served two terms – 2005-2007 and 2012-2014. His appointment is for five years.
The Office of the President is responsible for the day-to-day operation and development of the AUBG and functions to carry out its Mission. It supervises and directs the academic work, the implementation of Board policies and all fund-raising efforts.
Kevin Aspegren is a seasoned professional with vast international experience, both in academia and business, throughout the United States, the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
Prior to his appointment at AUBG, Aspegren served as Director of Ohio University’s Center for Entrepreneurship as well as the Director of the Global Consulting Program of the College of Business. Under his leadership at Ohio University, which he joined in 2002, applied learning programs and a new integrated MBA program were created. He is also an Executive Director and Founder of the Simonyi Center for Entrepreneurship in Pecs, Hungary, which recently has been recognized by the EU as a model for 21st century education that not only educates students, but also impacts the community.
In addition to his academic work, Aspegren was a business consultant and private investor in a variety of industries. Over the past 20 years of founding, investing in and building management and technology firms, Mr. Aspegren has worked and/or consulted extensively with over 150 Fortune 1000 entities.
Aspegren graduated in 1992 from Auburn University with a BS in International Business, and also earned a MS in Entrepreneurship from Oklahoma State University. He is a board member of a number of organizations, including Chastain Holdings, WesBanco, eLIMBS, and UltimateAir.
- » An Online Platform Helps Bulgarian Students to Find Internships
- » Bulgaria Will Host the 31st Edition of the European Union Contest for Young Scientists 2019
- » Bulgarian Students in Serbia Will no Longer Need a Visa to Study in the Country
- » The Bulgarian Informatics Team Won 4 Medals at the International Baku Olympiad
- » MES: Bulgarian Students Are Increasingly Acquainted with Internet Security and Virus Protection
- » About 54 Thousand Bulgarian Children to Enter the Educational System this School Year