Consumer Confidence Falls in July - NSI
Bulgaria’s consumer confidence index dropped last month compared to its level three months earlier, the statistics office said on Wednesday.
The consumer confidence indicator was 4.3 percentage points lower in July compared to April, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a statement. The fall was due to diminished confidence of both urban and rural population, by 3.9 and 5.1 percentage points, respectively
The assessment of the general economic situation over the past 12 months has worsened by 9.0 percentage points in July compared to April, while the expectations about the next 12 months were 6.1 percentage points lower.
“Compared to April, the consumers’ assessments and expectations about the financial situation of their households are more unfavourable,” the NSI said.
The July survey has also recorded a rise in the number of those who expect Bulgaria’s inflation and unemployment to increase over the next 12 months.
Bulgaria's unemployment rate was 13% in the first quarter of 2014,down 0.8 percentage points from a year earlier.
Monthly inflation for June was negative at -0.4%. Year-on-year, June inflation was also negative at -1.9%.
- » Oscars: Bulgaria Selects 'Aga' for International Feature Category
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million