Bulgaria's Tourism Revenue On the Rise – Economy Ministry
Revenue from international tourism in Bulgaria in H1 2014 rose by 5.3% year-on-year, said the Economy Ministry.
It reached BGN 1.3 B. According to the World Tourism Organisation, the tourism sector in Bulgaria generates 13.6% of the country's GDP.
The number of foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria between January and June 2014 was 2 634 887 – by 5.7% more than in the same period of 2013.
According to the Economy Ministry report, the tourist industry is the fastest developing in the country and surpasses the average European rate of around 4.4%.
Recently the ministry approved a Strategy for Sustainable Development of Tourism till 2030, which aims at improving the competitiveness of the country in the global tourism market and attracting more solvent tourists, interested in cultural and historical artifacts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Tourism Boasts 70% Growth This Summer
- » Public Trensport in Greece AccessibleOnly with Negative Coronavirus Test as of 13 September
- » Bus Driver of Sunny Beach – Sofia Route Fired After Falling Asleep Twice
- » US Travelers Face New Restrictions when Visiting EU
- » The Stories of Three Foreigners and Their Lives in Bulgaria