Bulgaria's Navy Needs New Ships, Submarines
Bulgaria's Navy need 2-3 new multifunctional ships, said the commander of the Bulgarian Navy, Rear Admiral Dimitar Denev, quoted by the BTA wire service.
The ships should be built in Bulgarian shipyards, because the current ones are old, Russian-made and do not comply with NATO standards. If they are built in Bulgaria, they would be cheaper and the maintenance would be easier, in Denev's words.
According to Denev, the new ships must be multifunctional – for defence of other ships, oil platforms and convoys and have a helicopter on board.
He said the Navy also needs new submarines. Currently the training of Bulgaria's navy staff takes place on Turkish submarines, because Bulgaria has zero submarines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending