Plovdiv-based Technical University Eager to Welcome Chinese Students
The Plovdiv unit of the Technical University - Sofia is ready to welcome Chinese PhD students, students in engineering sciences and students seeking to complete a specialization.
Professor Mihail Petrov, director of the Plovdiv-based unit of the Technical University, extended the invitation to Chinese students on Wednesday.
Petrov was part of a Bulgarian delegation which visited the city of Shenzhen, known as China's Silicon Valley, in end-June.
Petrov, as cited by the BGNES news agency, explained that the Plovdiv branch of the Technical University - Sofia could receive the first batch of Chinese students seeking a BA degree under a contract for cooperation between the Shenzhen Polytechnic and the Technical University - Sofia in 2015.
He also noted that the cooperation agreement was to be signed at the end of September.
Petrov boasted that the Plovdiv-based Technical University already had a Chinese alumni, an engineer.
He noted that the interest of Chinese investors in the Trakia Economic Zone, which was being built near Plovdiv, was not accidental, stressing that the 12 hi-tech industrial zones in Shenzhen had been built around universities.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds