Bulgaria-EC Partnership Agreement to be Signed on Thursday
Bulgaria's Partnership Agreement with the European Commission is to be signed by the end of the week, most probably on Thursday.
The document was adopted by the outgoing government of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski in end-June.
It sets the priorities in the absorption of funds from the EU structural and investment funds by 2020.
In the autumn of 2014, the EC is to approve the new operational programs, thereby allowing Bulgaria to start using the money allocated under them in the new EU budget, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The EC also reported progress in its attempts to renew trilateral dialogue with Russia and Ukraine on gas supplies.
Meanwhile, a bilateral meeting on the topic between EU Energy Commissioner Gunther Oettinger and Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak was confirmed.
Marlene Holzner, Spokesperson for the EU Energy Commissioner, declared that the meeting would take place at the end of August in Moscow and it would feature discussions on the opportunities for continuing dialogue in a trilateral format.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Receives Support from Hungary for Entry in Schengen Area
- » Bulgaria Received Last Warning from EU to Change Its Airport Fees
- » Bulgaria Wants Comprehensive EU Solution for Integration of N.Macedonia
- » President Radev Will Represent Bulgaria at European Council Meeting in Brussels
- » Bulgaria Takes over Rotating Presidency of SEDM Process
- » Eurostat: Excess Mortality Rate in EU Highest in Bulgaria