Caretaker Government to Draft Budget Revision
Bulgaria’s caretaker government will draft a revision of the state budget to avert risks to the economy, President Rosen Plevneliev said.
In a televised address presenting the caretaker cabinet Plevneliev said on Tuesday that the political forces in the outgoing parliament had refused to allow the new government to take new debt. However, the budget will be revised and the revision will be passed for implementation to the next elected government that will take over after the October snap vote, the President said.
“Unfortunately, the 42nd National Assembly remained deaf to the budget revision,” Plevneliev said, adding that the responsibility will rest not with the caretaker government but by the politicians who had ignored the people’s agenda for the sake of party considerations.
Plevneliev also said that the Russian-led South Stream gas pipeline project will remain frozen until the European Commission gives the green light for it to go ahead.
Bulgaria will also launch preparations to join the European banking union, the President said.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair