Vasil Shtonov to Oversee Economy and Energy Sectors
Vasil Shtonov was appointed as Economy and Energy Minister in Bulgaria's caretaker government unveiled on Tuesday.
Shtonov graduated as bachelor of sciences in electronic engineering and finance at the University of Pennsylvania in 1995.
He graduated as master of sciences in business administration at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1999.
Until 2004 Shtonov had worked as an investment banker in the United States in the fields of energy and technologies and a corporate management adviser. He had managed some large-scale deals such as the merger of Bell Atlantic with GTE in 2000.
In 2004 Shtonov set up the Sofia office of international consultancy McKinsey where he had worked until 2009, mainly in banking, telecommunications and energy. Since 2010 until August 4, 2014 he had served as Director Marketing and Strategies at Bulgaria’s Blizoo cable services provider.
- » There is going to be a Children's Aqua Park in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 181th Anniversary of its National Hero Vasil Levski's Birth
- » The Bulgarian State will Provide Millions to BDZ for New Trains in 2020
- » Bulgaria Consults on DAB+ Authorisations
- » Private Plane Flew from Sofia Airport without Passing a Border Check
- » Soon in Sofia: Home Repair? Just over the Weekend and after Asking Permission from the Neighbors